FAN NOT BLOWING AIR

Ford F-150

scottniece

August, 12, 2006 AT 7:03 PM

I have a 2004 Ford F150. The air conditioning was working all day, until I stopped and turned off the car for a minute. When I turned the car back on, the air was no longer working. When I turn the air conditioning on there is no air blowing at all (hot or cold). HELP! I'm afraid it may be a costly compressor, however, I'm hoping you have other suggestions!

Thanks for your help.

Mikeybdman

August, 12, 2006 AT 7:22 PM

If you are getting no air flow in any position, whether it is heat or air, then it is probably not the compressor. I would look in the Central Juntion Box and there are two fuses that control the fan. A 30amp fuse that is the fan power, and a 10amp fan blower motor relay power. If it is the fan 30a fuse, I would replace it and see if it blows again. If it does, I would suspect a bad motor.
If it is the 10a control fuse, then possibly the electronic temp control module or wiring.
2004 model, is the warrenty up?

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe