2000 Ford F-150 leak anifrezze

FRIEND
  • 2000 FORD F-150
Engine Cooling problem
2000 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My truck is leaking anifreeze. I think it is from the recovery cap I aready change a new cap and it keeps on on leaking. I also put a new thermostat and it keeps on leaking. Also the temperature in the guage when starting to drive it moves to the H for seconds a then it goes back to normal.
Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 8:46 PM

DAVE H
Have the coolant system pressure tested and the cylinder's compression tested you may have a blockage in the system?
Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 8:57 PM
FRIEND
How can I test that I 'm not sure how to do that
Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 9:29 PM
DAVE H
You will need to take it to a shop i'm afraid, it require's a pressure test tool. Which you can buy from most autoparts stores if you want to do it yourself?
Monday, December 22nd, 2008 AT 9:56 PM
FRIEND
One of my friends said the truck my need a new radiator what do you think should I take it first to the shop and have the pressure tested
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008 AT 6:23 AM
DAVE H
If your truck is leaking from the recovery tank/cap. The radiator will not be the fault. Without looking at the vehicle it's hard to assess. But if you brought it to my shop I would be looking at the thermostat, which you have changed so should be ok, looking for a blockage in the system or checking the water pump is working correctly. You seem to be getting a backpressure forcing water out of the recovery bottle cap.I would have it pressure tested at a shop. They shouldn't really charge for a diagnosis? In the hope they get the work?
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008 AT 6:53 AM
JIMMY00
I took the truck to shop and they said it was the radiator and I put in a new one and new thermostat
yesterday. Today I test drove it and and still over heating do you no what it could. Be thank you I just notice that the heater sometimes is cold then it gets warm again and then cold.
Sunday, January 4th, 2009 AT 3:46 PM