Heater control Valve

PETECOWDOG
  • 2000 FORD F-150
My heater does not warm up. I have hot water on the inlet side hose but cold on outlet side. Where is the heater control valve located?
Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 AT 3:54 PM

CRZYDRVR
This truck does not have a heater control valve here isa guide to help us see whats going on.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

Please run down this guide and report back

Cheers,
Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 AT 9:36 PM
PETECOWDOG
On my truck is was the temperature blend door actuator I got a new one for $54.00. All fixed.
Friday, October 23rd, 2009 AT 5:28 PM
724RACIN
  • 1999 FORD F-150
Heater problem
1999 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

When I turn on the heat it blows cold air could this be the heater control valve if so where is it located? If not what do you suggest I try thank you.
Thursday, November 8th, 2018 AT 1:43 PM (Merged)
BLACKOP555
Could be, but I dont think your year has a heater control valve.

Best thing to do is get the vehicle hot and feel the heater core hoses, both hot? Cold? Warm?
-1
BOBDUCKETT
There is a big problem with broken blend doors in f150s, and a number of other Fords. In order to repair the problem you must pull the dash and remove the plenum box. Alternatively there are some DIY fixes that have instructions for removing the glovebox and making an incision in the plenum box to replace the blend door.
+2
POWERMAN2448
  • 2001 FORD F-150
Heater problem
2001 Ford F-150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

where is the heater core valve located an how hard is it to change? Thanks.
To the best of my knowledge, your vehicle doesn't have one. It has been replaced by a blend air door that is located near the heater core. As far as the valve, if one exist, it will be mounted on the supply side heater core hose.
-1
CADZILLA
  • 1999 FORD F-150
My truck puts out no heat whatsoever. I have changed the thermostat (no change). I purchased a heater control valve and cannot find it on the truck (I was told it would be under the hood in the heater lines, but I sure don't see it. I have gotten conflicting stories that it does and does not have a heater control valve. Can you steer me in the right direction? Thank you.
DAVE H
Chech heater core hoses .. if they are getting hot check blend door is opening correctly

DESCRIPTION
Heater system is a blend-air type, consisting of a control panel, blower motor and plenum assembly. Blower motor is located in plenum assembly, under instrument panel. Plenum assembly contains heater core, floor/defrost door, panel/defrost door and electric motor actuated temperature blend door. See Fig. 1 .

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_blend_2.jpg

INSUFFICIENT HEAT
Check for low coolant level. Check for pinched, damaged, collapsed, or improperly routed heater hoses. Ensure engine is not overheating. Check for plugged or partially plugged heater core.

TEMPERATURE CONTROL KNOB
Temperature control knob controls a blend door potentiometer which controls an electronic temperature blend door motor. Temperature blend door motor provides a variable number of temperature blend door positions. When temperature control knob is in COOL position, temperature blend door shuts off airflow to heater core. When knob is in WARM position, air is directed through heater core. When knob is in intermediate positions, heated air is blended with cooler incoming air to achieve desired temperature.