1995 Ford F-150 bucking and surging all through RPM range

MOPARNUT1393
  • 1995 FORD F-150
To begin last week I decided to put a new fuel filter in. After installed drove 30 miles engine started to cut out and buck and surge. Fuel filter that I had taken off had some black looking fuel on the pump side not the engine side. From there I changed cap, rotor, plugs, wires, air filter, still same bucking and surging, then proceded to check fuel pressure 35psi at idle on both tanks 40-45 at high rpm. Changed fuel pressure regulator still no change. Changed ignition controle module, no change. No check engine light. Tested for codes any how, no codes present, checked tempature sensor, tested within normal range. Changed fuel filter again, no change.
checked to make shure check engine light was working, works properly. Fuel pumps are new. Pulled spark plugs, shows signs of white burn pattern(mixture to lien). O2 sensor reads within proper voltages, no check engine light.
some times when parked for a while and when restarted it will run semi smooth for a couple minutes but will begin to shake like it is missing cylinders and then when drivin begin to buck and jerk. Im running out of ideas. I will replace coil pack next and maybe check mass air flow sensor and map sensor next and also check vacum pressure to see if I may have a vacum leak that I have not detected yet. Any input to this would help out im starting to go bald from pulling out my hair! Thank you
Monday, April 21st, 2008 AT 1:54 AM

JACK42
The MAF sensor is a big source of driveability problems on Fords. Try cleaning it with the proper cleaner first to see if it reacts. Check for vacuum leaks in the intake area first. Does it run ok cold then rough when it warms up or is it rough all of the time?
+1
Monday, April 21st, 2008 AT 7:40 AM
MOPARNUT1393
I started the truck this morning and it ran fine for about 2 miles, then it began to buck and jerk it feels more like the engine cuts out or a stutter and it was the same after work 8 hours later so im leaning to when it starts to get warm it begins to act up.
Its better when at idle but as soon as you put it in gear and do a slow brake stand it sounds like it misses. So either maf sensor, map sensor, failing injectors or what ever else it may be.
Monday, April 21st, 2008 AT 9:41 PM
JACK42
Try using MAF cleaner to see if it makes a difference in the way it runs
Tuesday, April 22nd, 2008 AT 7:16 AM
MOPARNUT1393
This pickup does not have a MAF sensor.
Since my last posting we have replaced the distributer, temp sender, and still it idles good and run when cold but as soon as it warms up its buck and jerks but now it does it when you load the engine down(ie. Climb hill, stomp on it or just hold it at a constant speed)
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 6:24 PM
JACK42
If you have access to a scanner, do an injector waveform check on it when it is hot, have seen one or two borderline injectors make the entire truck run like you describe. If there arent any vacuum leaks and fuel pressure and volume is good, you have replaced the entire ignition system, sounds like you are left with injectors
+1
Sunday, April 27th, 2008 AT 7:54 AM