1995 FORD F150

• Gerald Lee Timmons
  • 1995 FORD F-150

1995 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

I have purchased a 1995 F150 4WD--5.0 liter standard cab with long bed truck. The truck has a 3 inch body lift with a 4 inch suspension lift and 35 x 12.50 x 17 inch tires. The automatic transmission (4R70W) would not shift into second unless I let off the gas and it would shift properly.
Now the truck will not shift into second unless I do it manually. It will not shift into third gear or drive now.

The engine will idle at 2000 rpm when you start the truck and stay this way for 3 minutes. It will do this each time you start the truck.

Now that the cold weather has arrived the truck will turn over but not start. It has dual gas tanks.

Friday, December 7th, 2007 AT 10:06 PM

• Jack42

Need to scan the powertrain for any stored trouble codes. Might be a trans position sensor problem or it could be internal, a scan should provide a starting point. The no-start. Verify fuel pressure with a manual gauge. KOEO (key on engine off) should be 30 - 45 psi. Check for large vacuum leaks under the hood as well, near the PCV line at the manifold

Saturday, December 8th, 2007 AT 8:21 AM