JUST CHANGED SPARK PLUGS

2002 Ford Explorer

Eddeh1827

June, 7, 2010 AT 11:26 AM

2002 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

Hi I just changed my spark plugs and started my truck now its sputtering and when I press the gas the car his little power and when its idling the car shakes not badly but at times theres a big jerk from the engine

blackop555

June, 7, 2010 AT 11:47 PM

Were you sure that the gap is set properly? Make sure plug wires are on the proper plugs in specific firing order. Secondly did you route wires the same way if you replaced the plug wires. Also make sure that the spark plug wires are properly tight on all plugs

Eddeh1827

June, 7, 2010 AT 11:57 PM

The plugs came pre gapped I replaced the plugs one by one so none of the wires could have gotten mixed up. Should I replace the wires? And also I forgot to put one of the wires back on the first time I started the car back up when I felt it running rough and then I stopped the car and put it on and it ran a little better but still puttering. Also thank you for the help with my problem

blackop555

June, 8, 2010 AT 9:40 PM

Im aware that they are pregaped. But I have had them before be closed right up and improper. Carefully check the gaps and make sure they are proper again. I hope you having that spark plug wire off didnt cause the coil to fry or even worse the ignition module.

Eddeh1827

June, 8, 2010 AT 9:52 PM

Ok checked the spark plugs today they were put in too tight so the plugs had to be regapped once they were back in the truck ran a little better for a little while now im hoping its not the coil or ignition module like you stated by the way the car still sputters and if I hit the gas the " Service Engine Soon" light will flash for a bit then be steady again

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230