FUEL INJECTORS

2002 Ford Explorer

admiral11b

November, 22, 2008 AT 5:02 PM

2002 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 73000 miles

ive had a check engine light on for a while now. I went to autozone and had them hook up a diaonosis machine to it and they told me I either had a mass air flow sonsor or a fuel injector problem.I cant tell which one it is but I changed my oil and I smelled it and it smelled like fuel and I still had my oil from the last time I changed my oil and it smelled fine so I figured it was the fuel injector plus I went to the back of my explorer and it was puting out black smoke. I was just wondering how to look for the fuel injectors and replace them and/or weither thats the problem?

Dave H

November, 22, 2008 AT 7:08 PM

Before you start replacing bit's. Could you tell us the fault codes autozone gave you? Or if they didn't give you the codes have them read it again and supply us with the codes that will help us to pinpoint your fault. And not replace parts unecassarily. With a MAF sensor or fuel injector fault you will not get fuel in to your oil?

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8