1997 Ford Explorer No power, no clicking, no lights, no sta

TOOSHORT18295
  • 1997 FORD EXPLORER

1997 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 168000 miles

I but new head gaskets on my explorer. When I try to start it was just clicking at first. Then I replace the Battery but it was sill clicking, then I replace the starter and the starter solenoid and still just clicking asked a friend and he said it could be the battery cables so I replaced them. Know I am getting nothing at all no power, no clicking, no lights, and no start. Can u pleases help me

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 2:58 PM

Check and test all the fusible links

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 7:14 PM
TOOSHORT18295

How would I check it and what am I looking for?

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 8:37 PM

Find the links could be at the starter relay, battery or alternator test it with a test lite before and after the link

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 9:10 PM
TOOSHORT18295

Ok thank now I am back to the clicking but wont start and neg. Battery cable keeps on jumping when I try to crack my truck. I think it might be the ignition switch.

Friday, August 27th, 2010 AT 11:45 AM
TOOSHORT18295

I still just getting clicking noise and the battery cables keep on jumping the ground only. I have replace the starter, starter solenoid, battery, battery cables, ignition starter switch. I am still just getting clicking noise. I even pulled the transmission to look at the flywheel and its ok so if u can please help me. Thanks

Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 3:41 PM