2005 Ford Expedition Engine stopped running while driving a

SARADAILY
  • 2005 FORD EXPEDITION
2005 Ford Expedition Engine Size unknown Four Wheel Drive Automatic 58000 miles

While driving my 2005 Expedition into my office parking lot, the engine and entire electrical system completely shut down with no warning. I was going around 25mph. I restarted the vehicle, it started right up, but now the Check Engine Light is on. I attempted to use an Engine Code Scanner on it last night to figure out what codes were in the computer, but it won't read, it just keeps flashing 8888. I know the Scanner is good because I checked it on my boyfriends Jeep and it worked fine. I know that the Expeditions have some electrical issues. Any idea what I could be looking at here? I'm scheduled to take the truck out of town this weekend, but don't want to chance having it stop running on me again.

Please help. Thank you!
Tuesday, March 18th, 2008 AT 1:14 PM

JACK42
Check the cables from the battery to the main power junction and at the underhood power center. This could be many things, so you will need to test when it is not working.
Wednesday, March 19th, 2008 AT 11:21 AM

Sponsored links