CAN'T GET TIRES OFF

2002 Ford Expedition

tvlee2

June, 13, 2007 AT 11:19 PM

I am trying to change my brakes on my 2002 Ford Expedition. I can not get my tires off ! I have changed a lot of tires and brakes before in the past but have never run across this problem before. Am I missing something? I did take out the nut that is in the center, it should hold the rotor in place, but the tire did not budge still. Any advicxe would help. As for the brakes, I am assuming that it is pretty standard and should not be too difficult.

boss5.0

September, 3, 2007 AT 4:26 PM

I had the same problem with my wifes 2001 expedition, spray wd40 in the center of the rim around the hub cover and try to pry wheel off, this is the way I got my wheels off in the front, hope this helps.

brucesmisfit

March, 8, 2008 AT 11:10 AM

I to had this problem and lubricated the center as well. Also had to use a sledge hammer and hit the tire all the way around until it broke loose.

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End