1999 Ford Escort Won't start

• 1 POST
  • 1999 FORD ESCORT

1999 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 128000 miles

Yesterday I had driven this car about 280 miles, all interstate, when it shut off without warning. When it shut off I had taken an exit ramp which exits at an incline (not too steep). So, as mentioned, the car shut off without any warning. It never sputtered, made any type of noise, or anything. Now it cranks but will not fire. I had the car towed home and tried to start it again today but it still will not fire.

I bought this car on Sunday so I wasn't sure if maybe the fuel gauge wasn't working and I had run out of gas, but adding more gas didnt' fix the problem either.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Tuesday, October 7th, 2008 AT 5:45 PM

Perfect diagnostic situation, no intermitent problems

what your going to have to start off doing is checkign for spark with a spark tester, all cylinders should be bright and blue. Not or and sloppy.

Should also fire rhythmically not all over the place.

Next would be to check fuel pressure, get back to me im sure its one of them two that woudl cause it since it just shut off.

Tuesday, October 7th, 2008 AT 7:14 PM