CAR WILL NOT START

1999 Ford Escort

tiffyjo

June, 3, 2012 AT 7:44 PM

Car would not start up after it sat over night but battery was just replaced and it still did it so I pulled the positive of the battery to check the alternater and car died and now will not start or even try all it dose I clicks and thats it any idea in I fried my computer or what happend

Jacobandnickolas

June, 3, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

If it only clicks, the battery is weak. If it dies over night. You have an electrical draw. For directions to check, go to our homepage under the DIY sections.

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:24 AM

NEVER SNATCH THE BATTERY WIRES OFF WHILE IT'S RUNNING!!!!....THIS WORKED WITH THE CARS FROM THE '70s ON BACK....NOW YOU HAVE "SENSITIVE" COMPUTERS!

AS FAR AS UNHOOKING A BATTERY W/ OUT IT RUNNING...NEG OFF 1ST THEN POS----RECONNECTING POS 1ST...NEG LAST

YOU MAY HAVE BLOWN A FUSIBLE LINK...CHECK 'EM OUT!

OTHER THAN THAT, TRY MY ANSWER TO THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

KEEP US POSTED

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang