HOW TO ADD FLUID TO MANUAL TRANSMISSION

1998 Ford Escort

Ysalys

1998 Ford Escort Manual

I cannot find the filler plug for my manual transmission on my car. Where is it, and do you have any pictures?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

bluelightnin6

The manual transaxle has a drain plug located between the two support bars that run from front to back underneath the unit. However, removal of the speed sensor is required. There is an electical connector that must be disconnected. The retainer clip for the speedometer cable must be removed along with the speedometer cable. Pry the speed sensor from the transaxle. Use the end of the speed sensor to check the level of the fluid. The larger lobe near the end you remove from the housing indicates full when fluid shows at the top of the lobe. Fluid is low if it shows closer to the tip of the sensor. After the sensor is removed, remove the drain plug using a suitable pan to catch the fluid. Refill by reinstalling the drain plug, using a funnel, and my book says Mercon automatic transmission fluid using care to not overfill. Reinstall the speed sensor, speedometer cable, and electrical connectore in the reverse order of removal procedure

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement