CHECK ENGINE Light
1) Connect a jumper wire between the STI terminal of self-test connector and ground. See Fig. 2 and
Fig. 3 . Turn ignition on. Observe CHECK ENGINE light, and record pulses to determine KOEO code(s) stored.
2) If code(s) is present, go to step 4). If no code is present, go to next step.
NOTE:Reading code using CHECK ENGINE light pulses is similar to reading code using VOM needle sweeps. See ANALOG VOLT-OHMMETER (VOM) under QUICK TEST.
3) If engine starts, go to step 6) to begin KOER self-test. If engine does not start, go to BASIC TESTING article in the ENGINE PERFORMANCE Section.
4) Erase code from ECA memory. See CLEARING CODES under SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM. Repeat step 1) to identify hard faults. If code(s) does not reappear, fault is intermittent. Go to step 6) to begin KOER self-test. If code(s) reappear, indicating hard fault, repair fault as necessary. See CODE REFERENCE CHART to determine the correct CIRCUIT TEST to perform. Go to next step.
5) Repeat step 4) until no code appears. Terminate KOEO self-test by turning ignition off and disconnecting jumper wire from STI terminal. Go to next step to begin KOER self-test.
6) Start and operate engine at 2000 RPM for 2 minutes to ensure EGO sensor is operating. Ensure vehicle is at normal operating temperature. Jumper STI terminal of self-test connector to ground. Observe CHECK ENGINE light. Record pulses to determine KOER codes stored. Use CODE REFERENCE CHART to determine the appropriate CIRCUIT TEST to perform.
Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 AT 5:17 AM