2002 Ford Escape Lots of troubles

EBOXERS
  • 2002 FORD ESCAPE
We are having Miss fire codes that are constantly changing from day to day. Inside guages going hay wire upon acceleration or idle. Unburt gas exhaust fumes that would choke anyone. We have changed the fuel filter, a few coil packs, cam sensor and crank sensor, 2 convertors, all the spark plugs, check all grounds and fuses and are at a loss. Vehicle has periods of lack of power upon acceleration and a shaking and noise at around 40mph that goes away if you let off the gas and re accelerate.
Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 10:56 AM

AUTOFIXER2
What are the codes you said are constantly changing? Also, which gauges are going hay wire? In my research I found there's a t.S.B. Regarding spark plugs. I don't know the exact problem but ford has a different plug to replace the original. I know you said you had the plugs replaced so just a thought. There's another bulletin on the electrical sytem that causes the gauges to display intermittent problems. Also you said there's a noise along with the shaking. What type of noise? This is tough because you described so many symptoms
Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 7:14 PM
EBOXERS
Where the misfire is, is constantly changing, it goes from cylinder 1 to 3 to 2 and such, the codes read P0301 through P0306. The gages I am refering to are the speedometer, temp, fule, and tackometer. They will pin them selves then reset and all go back to zero then to they normal position showing what temp the car is or what speed your going. Sometimes it will do this only once or twice a ride and other times it will do this 50 times a minute. The noise is more like a loud chatter. It is hard to descibe.

I had to take it down town today, it drove so good going to the store. I cpould tell there was no misfires and the idle was holding steading, also the exhaust didn't have an odor. On the way back from the store was another story, I was having a hard time getting power out of it, it kept doing the chattering, it was misfiring left and right, the exhaust odor was god awful, and the guages wouldn't stop acting up, it was quite hard figuring out what speed I was going with the guages going off the wall like that.
Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 8:52 PM
AUTOFIXER2
I'm not one to condemn the computer but. It does sound electrical. The pcm controls everything you're having trouble with. I suggest you call your local ford service dept. And ask if they can give you the complete write up on t.S.B. #0693. All I have is the general info which is: pcm failure-electrical accessories intermittent or inoperative. The other thought I have is the ignition switch. Your problem is so hard to diagnose. Obviously. If ford doesn't help with the t.S.B. Let me know.
Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 10:22 PM