1997 Ford Crown Victoria replaced fuel pump, fuses, relay a

FIREDAWG1983
  • 1997 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
My car would drive fine and then the past week it died 3 times driving. It would just die any time. Now it wont start. We found out it wasnt getting fuel so we replaced the relay, fuse, filter, and fuel pump. As soon as we got it all back together the car will try and turn over but its not getting any fuel. The fuel pump is not getting any power. We took it apart again and everything is hooked up correctly and still doesnt work. The inertia switch is good and we have checked the wires from the trunk all the way to the front of the car. I'm going to dig into the engine compartment tom. Ive heard check the wires and what not but I dont know what else it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 10:54 PM

Test the fuel pump relay its in the relay center
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 2:00 AM
FIREDAWG1983
We already replaced it with a brand new relay
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 9:24 AM
New fuel pump, relay-inertia switch good.

Verify the fuel pressure if its correct if so could be the injector/s are not pulsing
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 2:08 PM
FIREDAWG1983
Its not even getting any fuel at all. No fuel at the rails. The car will crank over but wont start up and run. Brand new battery, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pump relay, fuses are all good. I'm not sure what I need to do next. We followed the wires from the trunk forward and cant find anything wrong with them. On the bottom of all the relays they have some cuts on the wires but just through the sheathing and doesnt look like an issue. So the number one issue is we dont have power to the pump to get it started. Two is we cant get it started it has a new starter and the vehicle cranks over it just wont start up and I'm sure because its not getting fuel any help is greatly appreciated
-1
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 5:58 PM
Power the fuel pump from the battery and then check the fuel pressure if its correct-could be a defective fuel pump.
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 6:11 PM
FIREDAWG1983
Ok I'll try that. How do I do that? Its a brand new pump so I would hope it isnt defective
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 6:14 PM
Just bcuz its new there's such thing as manufacturer defects-hook up a fuel pressure tester on the fuel pressure test port and read off and comeback with readings
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 6:18 PM
FIREDAWG1983
Ok thanks
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 6:37 PM