1994 CROWN VICTORIA- HEATER WON'T GET HOT

• soundman
  • 1994 Ford Crown Victoria

I have a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria, 4.6L. Heater won't get hot. Changed thermostat yesterday. Have replaced heater core in vehicle once before. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sunday, January 15th, 2006 AT 6:23 AM

• wanzer2

Radiator been flushed lately? Might be full of crud. Try that.

Sunday, January 15th, 2006 AT 6:33 AM
  • soundman

Will try that. Thanks.

Monday, January 16th, 2006 AT 4:53 AM
  • dj-taino

Check to see if the vehicle has a heater control valve, which is located under the hood. It opens and closes the valve which gives you heat. When you switch the control knob which is located inside the vehicle. It's the switch that gives you the hot or the cold. Also slide the lever that controls the defroster, you should hear a hissing sound which opens and closes the flap inside the dash. If it is not working this can also cause no heat. Look under hood and look for a broken vacuum line which is connected to around ball which is black this has plastic lines connected to it follow them and make sure that none are broken if one is broken repair by going to auto parts store and find a rubber hose which will slide over the broken lines. Also be careful and when repairing They get really fraile. With time. Good luck.

Monday, January 16th, 2006 AT 9:35 AM
  • soundman

Thanks a lot. I have several things to check now. If I can get my wife's car to heat up, I'll be "The Man". Thanks again.

Monday, January 16th, 2006 AT 8:42 PM