IS MY HEATER CORE BAD, OR HAVE I B

1987 Ford Crown Victoria

duckettakarapta

December, 29, 2009 AT 5:47 PM

1987 Ford Crown Victoria Two Wheel Drive Automatic 147, 00 miles

i was driving home last night when I noticed I could smell anitfreeze, I continued home when I noticed smoke coming from under the hood. When I opened the hood there was smoke coming out and a liquid shooting out from whatever's behind where you put freon, directly in front of the passenger side seat. I tried to make it home, and as I was the smoke started to increase and I noticed a slight fog on my windows, I made it home but when I cut the car off and popped the hood, ALOT of smoke came from under the hood and what smelled like coolant began to leak on the ground. My check engine light came on around the time the windows started fogging up. Can you help me out?

way2old

December, 29, 2009 AT 6:32 PM

I think there is a plastic connector in the hose by the a/c accumulator. Look at the hoses to see if one has blown. Also check where the hoses go on the heater core next to the firewall. Thjese are places where those used to leak.

Replace Heater Core
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro