MY CAR WILL NOT START WHEN IT RAINS

1994 Ford Aerostar

startin_all_over

1994 Ford Aerostar 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190457 miles

Everytime it rains it wont start it never fails, ive changed the distributor cap, spark plugs, and wires twice in three months. Someone said it might be the hood seal or its also known as the hood insulator but I have no idea what that is or if itseven the problem, I cant afford to have it looked at and im praying that someone can give me some advice before the 16th of this month-its supposed to rain for 4days straight and I cant afford to miss work! Please help me find the problem! Thank You for listening and God Bless
~Margaret~

Hi, your probably not going to like my answer. I'd have to test, when the problem is ongoing. If it cranks good, but won't start, have a helper crank it, while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure.

To check for spark at the plugs, you can pull a spark plug boot, stick known good plug in the boot, ground metal part of plug to metal part of engine, have helper crank, watch for spark.

When the problem occurs, is there moisture inside the dist cap?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement