STARTING PROBLEM

1994 Ford Aerostar

AerostarXl

May, 31, 2012 AT 4:35 PM

Ford Aerostar starting problem 1994 3.0 v6
Vans engine stalled while driving and would not start up again.
Checked spark no spark I then checked spark from coil. No spark.
THEN went and got a coil put it on. I then tried spraying starting fluid in and it kicked up then died.
Then got throttle pos. Sensor put it on no difference. Changed distrib cap nothin.
My van DOES NOT have a crank pos. Sensor or a cam sensor what are any other things that would cause this

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 4:40 PM

Iam confused if you dont have spark why did it start when you sprayed starting fluid in the intake?So you have spark now or you dont have spark now?

AerostarXl

May, 31, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

That was after I put the coil on at the moment the van will turn over and want to start it seems. But will not. If I spray sfluid in the intake it will kick up then die. So it's combusting the sfluid but when I'm just giving gas it's not starting up. I changed fuel filter and coil

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 5:18 PM

Alright so we have a nice blue spark you checked that?Also have you checked the actual fuel pressure yet?

AerostarXl

May, 31, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

I was planning on getting in to autozone today for that pressure gauge but no I have not let me get right back to you with the spark so I know for sure. ( I was just figuring it fully had spark when I was spraying sfluid in) I'll post the spark to u in a sec thanks for giving an effort man

AerostarXl

May, 31, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

No blue spark I checked the front right. *Looking towards front of motor

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 9:53 PM

So no spark or just wasnt blue?

saturntech9

May, 31, 2012 AT 9:54 PM

Alao check for spark off the coil wire?

AerostarXl

June, 6, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

Well I've been sitting around troubleshooting and I have now notice my distributer is not spinning. The van lost all power while driving and will not start up(when everything started) + distributer not spinning =?
Please help!

saturntech9

June, 6, 2012 AT 8:42 PM

Alright you have possibly a broken distrubitor which I highly doubt a borken cam which I highly doubt or a issue with the timing chain which I think is the most likely cause.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang