1. When the vehicle is running on the road, the engine shuts off after running for some time. The distance it runs is about 1 or 2 kilometres before it shuts off.
2. The same thing happens when the vehicle is just stationary and idling. When idling it shuts off after running anywhere between 15 minutes to 1.5 hours.
3. If the fuel tank is tapped with a rubber mallet on its underside the vehicle starts up immediately and runs for some more time.
4. On the other hand, if the vehicle is restarted after about about an hour (without tapping the fuel tank with the mallet) it starts up and again runs for some time before it shuts off,
5. Also, when it shuts off by itself (which means the ignition is still on) the fuel pump relay goes on and off which turns the fuel pump on and off (this clicking of the relay and fuel pump going on and off can be easily heard). This continues until the ignition is turned off.
3. This problem started after it was taken for an emission test and related repairs were done. In this case the IAT and O2 sensors were replaced for the very first time. I have never had this problem or any other problem with this vehicle so far because it is maintained well and driven very carefully. I intend to keep it as long as possible and NOT to run it into the ground.
4. The vehicle never had the current problem even though it has close to 237 985 miles (383 000 kilometres) on the odometer.
5. I thought that the fuel filter might have finally become clogged and replaced it myself. This repair did not make any difference. The problem sitll persiste.
6. Do you have any ideas on might be the problem?
7. Your response will be very much appreciated.
8. If you require any clarifications, please feel free to contact me at the following address:
8.1. Sayeed. Ka@sayeedfamily. Org
have the same problem?
Sunday, February 7th, 2016 AT 7:33 PM