ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM1995 EAGLE TALON 4 CYL...

1995 Eagle Talon

llindeman

June, 14, 2009 AT 2:10 PM

1995 Eagle Talon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My talon stalls when driving it. It usually happens after driving a bit, and then getting off the expressway. It will not start again until it sits and cools down. We've replaced some sensors, timing chain, and coil pack. Our mechanic is baffled. Any suggestions?

caradiodoc

June, 19, 2009 AT 4:15 PM

WHICH sensors were replaced? Were any diagnostic tests done that lead to the sensors, or did someone just guess? The timing belt will not cause this intermittent problem so I'm wondering why someone would replace it since the engine runs again after it cools down. Does the " Check Engine" light come on? If so, there's a diagnostic fault code in memory in the engine computer. That's the first thing a competent mechanic would have checked for. When the engine stops running, did anyone check to see if spark, fuel, or both are missing?

A common sensor that can become heat-sensitive is the camshaft position sensor. When it fails, there will be no spark AND no fuel.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe