Driver's power window

JEFF HERMAN
  • 2002 TOYOTA CAMRY
I just purchased a 2002 Camry XLE. When I lower the driver's window it jerks hard before it starts to lower. Then it goes down fine and back up fine. There was residue of the rubber seal at the top of all the windows but I cleaned it off, I thought maybe this was causing the window to stick in the seal but it didn't fix the problem. Is this a window regulator problem?
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019 AT 6:46 PM

DOCFIXIT
Hi suspect rubber in seal has lost elasticity. Clean with alcohol wipe then spray with silicone spray any parts store will have. Try that let us know
Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 AT 11:58 AM
JEFF HERMAN
I did that and it still sticks and jerks
Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 AT 8:41 PM
DOCFIXIT
Say could you post a video of window operation?
Thursday, July 25th, 2019 AT 9:21 AM
JEFF HERMAN
I can't seem to figure out how to upload a video. But the window makes a clunk when you start to open it almost like it is off track. I'll keep trying on the video it's not going to show much you might hear a sound when it makes its clunk but that's about it.
Thursday, August 1st, 2019 AT 9:00 PM
JEFF HERMAN
Here is a video It doesn't show much but maybe you can hear the jerk when I start to open it each time
Friday, August 2nd, 2019 AT 5:48 PM
KEN

Thanks for the video, yes this happens when the regulator is about to go out. here is a video of a window regulator being replaced on a similar car along with the instructions on how to replace your in the diagrams below:

https://youtu.be/Wp7Ak9IGs4o

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Monday, August 5th, 2019 AT 4:39 PM

Sponsored links