DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.

1993 Ford F-150

andre4130

October, 26, 2013 AT 5:33 PM

I was moving a few things today, and on my way home I plugged in my phone but the radio was off. So I hit the power button nothing. Didn't think much of it. Soon after that I looked down at my speedometer and notices it was at 0 and I was on the freeway, and my tachometer was blank. I made it home and realized my interior lights didn't come on or the one on the back of the cab while the door was open. My next thought was to check the fuses. The test light came on for every fuse except for two under the hood, but those are for trailer lights. So now I'm stuck. The glove box light, my interior and high mount exterior lights, speedometer, and tachometer, don't work. Any ideas?

andre4130

October, 26, 2013 AT 5:34 PM

It's a 1993 Ford f150

Ty Anderson

October, 27, 2013 AT 2:34 AM

Make sure your testing each fuse with the ignition on. Sometimes you can get a false reading if the ignition is off. Start with the fuses and if still no fuse(s) is blown check for power and grounds for the radio, instrument cluster and interior lighting. This will tell you if you have a power circuit issue or a ground circuit issue. Let me know what you find, TY

andre4130

October, 28, 2013 AT 4:06 PM

Thanks Ty. When I initially checked my fuses they all worked. But then I checked all my grounds, and they were all good. So I decided to re-check my fuses, and it turns out my number 8 fuse under the dash was the problem. I changed the fuse and everything came back on, and the trans shifts smoothly. Now my next project its to figure out why the hell the fuse blew in the first place.

Ty Anderson

October, 28, 2013 AT 5:37 PM

Good to hear!
There are several things that can cause a fuse to blow. Typically short circuit are the major ones where the insulation on the wire contacts a ground. But it could be something like water (more rare to happen). It is going to be difficult if the fuse doesn't blow again.
Start by getting a wiring diagram to find out which circuit are fed by the fuse you mentioned and rule out each circuit until you find the cause.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro