TROUBLE WITH MY HEATER,,,

1993 Dodge Shadow

brianaaa

September, 29, 2007 AT 5:54 PM

I have a 1993 dodge shadow, 43,000 KM, automatic, I use it as a second car. I just changed the thermostat and new hoses, but still do not have heat coming out of the heater, it seems like it just blowing air, not warming up, the hoses are hot, when left running for abit, any suggestions on what I should look at to fix the problem. Thank you for your time.

Heater

Jesse C

December, 9, 2007 AT 3:17 PM

I had the same problem with my 93 dodge shadow
this worked for me: 1- I disconnected both hoses leading to the heater core where they connect to the engine. 2- I attached an air hose to one(doesnt
matter which one) and put lots of duct tape around it. 3- I adjusted the air pressure to 10 psi and tried to blow it thru and I kept adjusting it in 5 lb increments untill at 20 psi a bunch of rust, guook and kaka came out. 4- rehooked all hoses. Put in a little more coolant, ran it for 5 minutes, tried my heater and thank G-D it worked. : D

Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro