IS IT POSSIABLE TO HAVE OVERDRIVE OFF BY DEFAULT?

• Whtblazer
  • Dodge Ram

Hello, " 02 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD Auto Tranmission V-10 engine 78,000 miles. I am wondering if the overdrive can be off by default instead of being on all the time? Would this be a simple thing to do by knowing which wires and switching it or rewiring to the soliaid inside the transmission which turn off by pressing the overdrive button on the shift level? I lives in a hilly areas and being in overdrive doesn't give me the feels of control of tightness as it would be in without overdrive. Driving at overdrive feels loosier. Sorry for the misspelling. I don't have much use of my right arm which is why I am asking. Any infos or ideas would be great for me.

Sunday, January 28th, 2007 AT 4:44 AM

• carundell

Hey Wht,
Sure can, you just need to put a switch in the TCC (o/d) solenoid circuit. Give me your email and i'll send along the wiring diagram. Let me know!

Chris

Sunday, January 28th, 2007 AT 7:00 AM
  • Whtblazer

Hi Chris, Here my email address - whtblazer2@yahoo. Com Thank, Jeffrey

Sunday, January 28th, 2007 AT 7:45 PM
  • carundell

On the way!

Chris

Monday, January 29th, 2007 AT 6:44 AM