IS IT POSSIABLE TO HAVE OVERDRIVE OFF BY DEFAULT?

Dodge Ram

Whtblazer

January, 28, 2007 AT 4:44 AM

Hello, " 02 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD Auto Tranmission V-10 engine 78,000 miles. I am wondering if the overdrive can be off by default instead of being on all the time? Would this be a simple thing to do by knowing which wires and switching it or rewiring to the soliaid inside the transmission which turn off by pressing the overdrive button on the shift level? I lives in a hilly areas and being in overdrive doesn't give me the feels of control of tightness as it would be in without overdrive. Driving at overdrive feels loosier. Sorry for the misspelling. I don't have much use of my right arm which is why I am asking. Any infos or ideas would be great for me.

carundell

January, 28, 2007 AT 7:00 AM

Hey Wht,
Sure can, you just need to put a switch in the TCC (o/d) solenoid circuit. Give me your email and i'll send along the wiring diagram. Let me know!

Chris

Whtblazer

Hi Chris, Here my email address - whtblazer2@yahoo. Com Thank, Jeffrey

carundell

January, 29, 2007 AT 6:44 AM

On the way!

Chris

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz