2004 Dodge Ram Bad diesel

BRINDY2
  • 2004 DODGE RAM
I filled my diesel truck (one ton ) with bad fuel. After I filled up a few miles down the road it shut off. After I waited a bit it would start back and kept going. It would run enough to keep driving it to get the fuel used up and so I did. I did change the fuel filter and when I was down to a 1/4 of a tank I added 10 gallons and put in some Lucas. It is still shutting off after I drive for awhile. Can there still be air in the lines and if so how do I get it out? The engine light is on also.
Saturday, May 17th, 2008 AT 8:29 AM

MERLIN2021
First thing you need to do is have the codes read, Autozone does it free, Post the results with the code number(s). Even if the service engine light is not on, there should be freeze frame data stored.
If it won't make it to Autozone, buy a cheap scanner, they can be had for 30-40 dollars, a good investment, since they cover all cars sold in the USA from 96 on.
Might be a different problem.
Saturday, May 17th, 2008 AT 9:15 AM