2003 Dodge Ram Idle Stalling

WINFORDDJ
  • 2003 DODGE RAM

2003 Dodge Ram V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 94563 miles

While stopping at a light, I have noticed that my truck has begun to start stalling or acting like it wants to stall. It is incredibly inconsistent however. Sometimes it will drive perfectly fine, more often then not when stopped for an extended period of time (2-4 minutes) it will drop RPMs and come close to stalling, but then catch itself. Occasionally it will stall, but if it does, it starts right back up. I have noticed that when it switches over to idle it gets alot quieter and just today I noticed that while normally it idles at 650 RPM, it stalled 3 times in 20 minutes (all at stop lights greater than 2 minutes) and occasionally idled closer to 900 RPM. I have B44K Fuel injector cleaner in there now and have not noticed a difference and it responds regularly when accelorating.

Monday, August 18th, 2008 AT 10:27 PM

JACK42

Try cleaning the Idle Air Control Motor. Also clean out around the butterfly in the throttle bore with carb cleaner and a rag. This should help stabilize the idle. If it continues, you may have an Idle Air Control motor that is slow to react or shorting intermittently

Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 AT 7:55 AM