WON'T START

2001 Dodge Omni

Majdad

May, 11, 2008 AT 8:51 PM

2001 Dodge Omni 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

I did some work on my battery terminals (corrosion prevention). The engine started fine before the work. When I finished, I had plenty of juice but the starter would not crank. It just made a loud clicking sound.

NNick476

May, 11, 2008 AT 9:28 PM

The click is your starter solenoid. The inability of the motor to turn the engine over could be insufficient battery power or a jammed starter motor.
The first thing to check is that the reconnected Battery terminals are making a good connection to the battery and that the battery actually has Juice. (Try a jump start)
You should also try gently tapping your starter motor with a hammer a couple of times and then trying to start the car again. The motor can seize up and the tapping can free it up. Don't tap too hard though. If you crack any of the magnets lining the motor stator. It will likely jam up permanently.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement