1995 PLYMOUTH NEON BRAKES

• Benditlikebecca
  • 1995 DODGE NEON

I have a 1995 Plymouth Neon, 125,000 miles with its original engine. The brakes squeal and squeak until I put on the breaks going about 30 mph or more. Anything below that, the brakes make obnoxious noises and sometimes seem to lurch unevenly. They've been looked at by two different people, each time working on the brakes and rotors (I believe the rotors were replaced). Both times it seems to be fine for the next several days to a week, but I'm back to where they're squealing. One place said that's just what Neons do. Is that true? I'm convinced that there's no way they should be this obnoxious.

Any ideas would be great! Thank you so much!

Thursday, January 25th, 2007 AT 11:14 PM

• Service Writer

There are some that are like that, the dealer won't gaurentee they can stop the squeal. We have had fairly good luck by using high temperature caliper grease on all moving parts at the caliper and bendix pads, but not every time.

Friday, January 26th, 2007 AT 5:10 AM
  • Bruce Hunt

Provide me with your email address and I will send you a document that might assist you with this.

Friday, January 26th, 2007 AT 7:31 AM
  • Service Writer

Benditlikebec@msn. Com

Friday, January 26th, 2007 AT 4:50 PM