1995 Dodge Neon Please help

SURELDABROWN
  • 1995 DODGE NEON
1995 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic N/A miles

Hi my dad owns a 95 dodge neon sports car and is currently haveing a problem with it it wont start due to the fuel pump fuse blowing what else runs off or what else is connected to the the fuel pump fuse (20 amp)? We disconnected the fuel pump wireing harness and we checked the relays and its still blowing but what else could be connected to that fuse that might be causing this problem or even if it cant be causing the problem we still want to know what else is connected to that fuse so we can pinpoint the issue better thanks
Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 6:52 AM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
Powers Automatic Shut Down relay and PCM. Pull ASD see if that is culprit. Take ohm meter place one lead to ground the other to non power side of fuse what does it read?
Let me know
Thanks for donate
Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 10:29 AM
The fuse feeds three circuits. Unplug the fuel pump relay and the Automatic Shutdown (ASD) relay. If the fuse still blows, the Engine Computer or wiring to it is shorted to ground.

Plug the fuel pump relay back in. If the fuse blows, the pump, or more likely, the wiring to it is shorted to ground.

Plug the ASD relay back in. If that causes the fuse to blow, look at the igition coil, injectors, alternator field, and oxygen sensor heaters.

The two relays will not turn on if you plug them in after the ignition switch is turned on. They only turn on for one second after the ignition switch is turned on, then again when the engine is rotating, (cranking or running).

Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 10:32 AM
SURELDABROWN
Let me know

Ok I tryed pulling the ASD relay and the fuel pump relay and the fuse still got blown but we decided to disconnect the PCM and the fuse did not blow but is what we are trying to figure out is if its the wireing or the PCM its self and ideas?
Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 AT 8:25 PM
DOCFIXIT
If it was a short in wiring then fuse would still blow with PCM disconnected. So PCM must have internal short
Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 12:00 PM
SURELDABROWN

OK well will a bad PCM cause a scanner not to work? Cause I tryed to plug it in and it wont even come on I plug it in my truck and it wokrs just fine
Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 5:44 PM
DOCFIXIT
Non communication with scanner common in PCM failure
Thursday, March 18th, 2010 AT 11:52 AM
SURELDABROWN

Ok well we replaced the PCM and now the car still wont start we tryed to have it flashed but the dealers tool couldnt communicate with the PCM could this be caused by the throttle position sensor? Or could this be caused by a short in some wires?
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 6:04 PM
DOCFIXIT
Wiring is at fault. Is fuse still blowing? Data link wiring needs to be checked. Have wiring from Data Link Connector to PCM
Friday, March 26th, 2010 AT 2:25 PM