1995 Dodge Neon Fuel pump

WRESTLERJF
  • 1995 DODGE NEON
My fuel pump is not working, but I dont belive it is out. I noticed the (fuel pump) fuse under the hood was blown. So I replace it, I drove about 100yard and the fuse blew again. I once again tried to replace it and this time it blew as soon as I turned the car over. I'm guessing the wiring is grounding out somewhere, but I can figure out where. Any ideas? Also, I was thinking of running a wire from the pump to the battery (or fuse box). Would this work? If so what one is the positive on the fuel pump, theres 4 wires. 2 blacks, a blue, and a black with white stripe.

Any help would be great!

Note* To access the fuel pump is on the bottum of the fuel tank. No need to drop the tank (wierd I know)
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 2:10 PM

Welcome to the forum, that fuse supplies voltage to the fuel pump relay--asd relay--pcm. The asd relay supplies voltage to the coil primary--injector/s-- 02 heater circuit, maybe one or two more. You might unplug the relays one at a time, see if the fuse still blows. I have heard of the 02 heater circuit shorting out causing a problem. Unplug all the 02 sensors, see if it makes a difference? Any codes? We appreciate the donation.
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 2:41 PM
WRESTLERJF
Any idea if running a wire from the fuel pump to the battery will work? Just to be able to drive it back to my house so I can work on it there
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 4:07 PM
Hi, if the problem is on the asd relay circuit, the vehicle won't start even if you run the pump all day. If the pump itself is blowing the fuse, it isn't safe to wire around anything. I'm a member of this site and have been told not help bypass anything. I'll talk to my boss.
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 4:23 PM
WRESTLERJF
Ok thanks! I was only going to do it to get the car home, but I understand. Thnx for the help!
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 4:27 PM
Hey again, if you use a jumper wire from battery voltage to the output terminal for the switch side of pump relay, the pump should run. Be sure to use an inline fuse on the jumper. If the fuse still blows, you know the problem is on the pump circuit.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_voltage_here_1.jpg

Friday, October 9th, 2009 AT 8:24 AM