OVERHEATING

Dodge Intrepid

Dark_Poet84

June, 23, 2006 AT 10:00 AM

I'm not exactly sure how to go about this but.I have a 1995 Dodge Intrepid and when this car gets hot or warm it will stop running then I'm forced to sit on the side of the road for hours at a time.I can't turn my ac on in the car because it will heat it up too quick and it will die. Leaving it sitting in the sun outside my apt. Will even I think cause it to heat and so it won't start.I can't even make a trip from my apt to work without it dying before I get there and work is only ten mins. Away.I was told it was something called a coil pack that a switch was overheating and needed to be replaced. Any ideas please tell me. This car is all I have. : Cry:

Dark_Poet84

ThreeClarks

June, 26, 2006 AT 4:48 PM

I had a similar problem. I kept adding coolant and water that I kept in the trunk. And replaced the coolant pressure cap. Nothing worked. Turns out that a small crack in the plastic portion of the radiator started a leaking problem. I replaced the radiator and it hasn't overheated since.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser