TROUBLE CODE 43

1991 Dodge Dynasty

alan detrick

June, 17, 2008 AT 11:53 AM

1991 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130k miles

code 43 comes up- car dies. Code reader shows ignition coil number 3 circuit. Ok fine, but what is #3 circuit? I suspect crank senser? Wish these manuals were more compleat. Also does this car have an ign coil moduel? Can't find that info anywhere. Thanks for your help, Alan

merlin2021

June, 17, 2008 AT 12:53 PM

I show cylinder misfire, OR coil circuit. What are the symtoms? No start or misfire in the engine?

alan detrick

June, 17, 2008 AT 3:28 PM

STARTS FINE COLD BUT WILL JUST UP AND STOP AT IDLE AFTER 5-10 MIN. OR IF DRIVING STARTS TO RUN ROUGH AND THEN DIES. HAS TO SET FOR 30 MIN AND WILL RESTART BUT RUNS ERARTIC. SCAN TOOL SHOWS 43 AND CALLS OUT CIRCUIT #3. AS IN ORIGNAL QUESTION, WHAT IS #3, ACTS LIKE CRANK SENSER BUT NOT SURE. SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE CODE FOR EITHER CRANK OR CAM SENSOR PROBLEM SO IT ALL GOES BACK TO WHAT IS #3. THANKS, ALAN

merlin2021

June, 17, 2008 AT 5:14 PM

The code actuall reads #3 primary circuit, so that would be the plug wire is not producing enough spark, change the wires! Agood tune up must be in order.

alan detrick

June, 17, 2008 AT 5:59 PM

PLUG WIRES ARE NOT PRIMARY, THEY ARE SECONDARY CIRCUITS AND THEY WILL NOT MAKE A CAR GO FROM RUNNING FINE TO A COMPLEAT SHUT DOWN AT IDLE. FURTHER MORE THERE IS ONLY 3 SUB LINKS TO CODE 43. SO WHERE WOULD WIRES 4-6 SHOW UP? HERES SOMETHING ELSE IT HAS NEW WIRES AND COIL PACK. NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK?

merlin2021

June, 18, 2008 AT 3:15 PM

You need a Chysler DRB II to activate the coil circuits to test em, I will send the info to you, if coils are new, it must be one of the wires, test info on the way!

alan detrick

June, 18, 2008 AT 6:35 PM

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXTRA EFFORT. LOOKING FORWARD TO ITEM YOU ARE SENDING. ALAN

merlin2021

June, 19, 2008 AT 2:56 AM

Let me know how you make out with it Al!

vipertek

You need a flow chart and manual. I have had computers do that same thing in same motors. There are tests avaiable. Good luck I can provide thease charts and diagrams.