Turn signal flasher location

JESSIEG
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO

turn signal lights don't work anymore. They worked off and on but now they don't work at all. The hazard lights still work. Is it the flasher, and if so where is it located, under the dash or under the hood.
Thursday, December 11th, 2008 AT 7:10 PM

KEN

The flasher is in the relay panel behind the end cover at the left side of the instrument panel. diagrams (BELOW)

Here is a complete guide on the relay panels and locations.

Fuse (Amp) Application
A (10) Oxygen Sensors, Leak Detection Pump, Ignition Relay & High/Low Speed Cooling Fan Relay
B (20) Transmission Control Relay
C (20) Fog Lamp Relay, Left/Right Fog Lamp & Daytime Running Lamp Module
D (20) A/C Compressor Clutch Relay, Horn Relay & Headlamp Relay
E (15) Left Headlamp
F (25) Combination Flasher
G (15) Right Headlamp
1 (20) Fuel Pump Relay, Powertrain Control Module & Fuel Pump Module
2 (20) Power Outlet & Rear Power Outlet
3 (30) Automatic Shutdown Relay, Fuel Injectors 1-8 & Ignition Coil
4 (50) Rear Wiper/Defogger Switch
5 (40) Blower Motor Relay, Blower Motor & Power Seat Switch
6 (40) Trailer Tow Relay, Electric Brake & Trailer Tow Connector
6 (50) High/Low Speed Cooling Fan Relay & Radiator Fan Motor
7 (40) Junction Block
8 (40) Controller Anti-Lock Brake
9 (50) Engine Starter Motor Relay & Ignition Switch
10 (40) Ignition Switch

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Wiring Diagrams attached below as well
-1
Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 7:32 PM
BR1LSS
  • 2000 DODGE DURANGO
2000 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 194, 00 miles

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango and need to replace the flasher relay for the turn signals. Already check fuses under hood and fuse on driver side just to left of the panel. Where can I find this relay?
Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 7:34 PM (Merged)
KEVIN12881
These are usually under the dash, or at least in all my chevys. I am not a dodge person, but I believe if you remove the kick panel under the steering wheel you will find it. I coulod be wrong
SUEREDDS
Be very careful. I had a shop fix mine, and now interior lights, heated mirrors, rear wiper do not work.
Now some shops are telling me it could be the Power Control Module needs to be reprogramed or new.
TRUCKDRIVER
  • 1998 DODGE DURANGO
When my left flasher is on and I push the brakes the flashers stop and there is a noise from the fuse box
Check the light socket and make sure it isn't damaged. Also, check wiring to the light.
BMILNARICH
  • 2000 DODGE DURANGO
2000 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

2000 Dodge Durango
Turn Signal Relay location

Got a new relay from the dealer. Also got a general description from the dealer of where the relay is at. I found online that it should be in the fuse/relay panel on the side of the dash (drivers side). Well I've checked the panel, it's not there.

Also pulled off the steering column cover and removed the turn signal switch. Still can't find where the relay is located. Can anyone help? The diagram posted on this site does not show where my relay is located!
-1
BLUELIGHTNIN6
It is located on a fuse block attached to the main block behind the driver side access door. The relay is accessable from under the dash, its way up high on the fuse block and its green in color. There may be bundles of wires blocking its access, having small hands would help also.
+3
ESP
  • 2000 DODGE DURANGO
This situation first started with the combination flasher unit buzzing when using turn signal. Same situation happened a couple of years ago. The problem was corrected the first time by replacing the combination flasher unit (Tridon EP-27). Figured I've seen this before. I again replaced the combination flasher unit with another Tridon EP-27. This time the problem was not fixed. Now there are no turning signals, hazard lights, or dash indicator lights. All of the parking lights, headlights, and brake lights work correctly.

Looked at the wiring schematics and found two power inputs - one all time and one from ignition. Could not find voltage on any the 5 connector for the flasher unit. Both fuses are good. Questions.
First if you have a trailer wiring then chek that for being shorted or grounding out. Then in the power dist center fuses F-G-6 should be good an d16 in junc block. It also looks like there is a timing ckt relay there, that may have gone bad. Make sure to chec that ther eis power goin gin and out of turn sig switch. An dfinally turn your hazards on to make sure yo udon't have an y bulbs burnt out. If your hazards dont work then check the trailer harness. Also check the grounds LH dash an dfront fenders both sides an dbody in back.
+1
CASTLE9704
  • 1998 DODGE DURANGO
1998 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I have recently replaced the multifunction switch, clock spring, and 4 way flasher fuse. My hazards will not work. With the flasher switched on the blinkers will not work. When I was replacing the multifunction switch (before I actual replaced the part) the flashers worked briefly. What do I need to check next? There does not seem to be any wires melted around the steering wheel.
Now replace the most likely culprit, the electronic flasher assembly. It's plugged in on the left side of the dash.

By "blinkers", do you mean turn signals or 4-way hazard flasher?

ADAMD35
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO
Passanger side turn signal works erratic. When the brakes are applied the passanger side turn signal blinks fast, also the back up lights come on on both sides but are dim.I switched the rear brake light assembly to see what happened and it done the same thing, but everything on the driver side works correct except for the back up light lighting up when the passanger side turn signal is on and the brakes are applied, I have changed several bulbs to see if that would help, nothing changed.I also made sure all the bulbs were correct
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 AT 6:10 PM (Merged)
Usually, a fast flash indicates a burnt out bulb. However, when you mentioned the back up lights come on dim, that tells me there is a ground problem. What is happening is the ground for the signal is lost. Electric takes the easiest way out and in this case it finds a ground through the back up lights. Check for broken ground staps, broken or damaged wires.

Let me know what you find.
SPENCERH01
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO
My left turn signal functions normally when parking and headlights are off. When I turn them on the turn indicator (left side only) stay on and does not blink. I changed all of the bulbs but that did not work. Any ideas? Thanks!
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 AT 6:11 PM (Merged)
BLUELIGHTNIN6
This is normally caused by faulty ground wiring. Check grounds at the bulb housings as well as at the headlight switch.
KKYLE
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO
Turn signals blink a few times and then stop working and sometimes don't work at all. No problems with fuses or bulbs. The 4 way emergency lights work though when I hit the switch. Any ideas on what could be causing the blinker issues?
HOMER1967
I would suspect the multi-function switch. The switch that controls the turn signals, windshield wipers, high/low beams, if you order one be sure to tell the person that you are ordering it from if the vehicle has a tilt steering column, delay wipers and cruise control because it makes a difference. Next time they quit working try to giggle the switch a little and see if it changes.
-1
SMITHWITHASMITH
  • 2000 DODGE DURANGO
  • 175 MILES
2000 Dodge Durango: The turn signal relay is clicking continuously. The lights on the dash are not flashing with it, neither are the lights. All the lights, on the dash and outside, work correctly when selected by either the multifunction switch or the hazard switch.
KHLOW2008
Are you sure it it the turn signal relay that is clicking and not something else?
Any indicator lights showing?
+1