Flasher location

JESSIEG
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO

Interior problem V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

signal lights don't work anymore. They worked off and on but now they don't work at all. The hazard lights still work. Is it the flasher, and if so where is it located, under the dash or under the hood.

Thursday, December 11th, 2008 AT 7:10 PM

2CARPROS KEN

The flasher is in the relay panel behind the end cover at the left side of the instrument panel. diagrams (BELOW)

Here is a complete guide on the relay panels and locations.

Fuse (Amp) Application
A (10) Oxygen Sensors, Leak Detection Pump, Ignition Relay & High/Low Speed Cooling Fan Relay
B (20) Transmission Control Relay
C (20) Fog Lamp Relay, Left/Right Fog Lamp & Daytime Running Lamp Module
D (20) A/C Compressor Clutch Relay, Horn Relay & Headlamp Relay
E (15) Left Headlamp
F (25) Combination Flasher
G (15) Right Headlamp
1 (20) Fuel Pump Relay, Powertrain Control Module & Fuel Pump Module
2 (20) Power Outlet & Rear Power Outlet
3 (30) Automatic Shutdown Relay, Fuel Injectors 1-8 & Ignition Coil
4 (50) Rear Wiper/Defogger Switch
5 (40) Blower Motor Relay, Blower Motor & Power Seat Switch
6 (40) Trailer Tow Relay, Electric Brake & Trailer Tow Connector
6 (50) High/Low Speed Cooling Fan Relay & Radiator Fan Motor
7 (40) Junction Block
8 (40) Controller Anti-Lock Brake
9 (50) Engine Starter Motor Relay & Ignition Switch
10 (40) Ignition Switch

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

-1
Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 7:32 PM
BR1LSS
  • 2000 DODGE DURANGO

2000 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 194, 00 miles

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango and need to replace the flasher relay for the turn signals. Already check fuses under hood and fuse on driver side just to left of the panel. Where can I find this relay?

Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 7:34 PM (Merged)
KEVIN12881

These are usually under the dash, or at least in all my chevys. I am not a dodge person, but I believe if you remove the kick panel under the steering wheel you will find it. I coulod be wrong

SUEREDDS

Be very careful. I had a shop fix mine, and now interior lights, heated mirrors, rear wiper do not work.
Now some shops are telling me it could be the Power Control Module needs to be reprogramed or new.

TRUCKDRIVER
  • 1998 DODGE DURANGO

When my left flasher is on and I push the brakes the flashers stop and there is a noise from the fuse box

Check the light socket and make sure it isn't damaged. Also, check wiring to the light.

BMILNARICH
  • 2000 DODGE DURANGO

2000 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

2000 Dodge Durango
Turn Signal Relay location

Got a new relay from the dealer. Also got a general description from the dealer of where the relay is at. I found online that it should be in the fuse/relay panel on the side of the dash (drivers side). Well I've checked the panel, it's not there.

Also pulled off the steering column cover and removed the turn signal switch. Still can't find where the relay is located. Can anyone help? The diagram posted on this site does not show where my relay is located!

-1
BLUELIGHTNIN6

It is located on a fuse block attached to the main block behind the driver side access door. The relay is accessable from under the dash, its way up high on the fuse block and its green in color. There may be bundles of wires blocking its access, having small hands would help also.

ESP
  • 2000 DODGE DURANGO

This situation first started with the combination flasher unit buzzing when using turn signal. Same situation happened a couple of years ago. The problem was corrected the first time by replacing the combination flasher unit (Tridon EP-27). Figured I've seen this before. I again replaced the combination flasher unit with another Tridon EP-27. This time the problem was not fixed. Now there are no turning signals, hazard lights, or dash indicator lights. All of the parking lights, headlights, and brake lights work correctly.

Looked at the wiring schematics and found two power inputs - one all time and one from ignition. Could not find voltage on any the 5 connector for the flasher unit. Both fuses are good. Questions.

First if you have a trailer wiring then chek that for being shorted or grounding out. Then in the power dist center fuses F-G-6 should be good an d16 in junc block. It also looks like there is a timing ckt relay there, that may have gone bad. Make sure to chec that ther eis power goin gin and out of turn sig switch. An dfinally turn your hazards on to make sure yo udon't have an y bulbs burnt out. If your hazards dont work then check the trailer harness. Also check the grounds LH dash an dfront fenders both sides an dbody in back.

CASTLE9704
  • 1998 DODGE DURANGO

1998 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I have recently replaced the multifunction switch, clock spring, and 4 way flasher fuse. My hazards will not work. With the flasher switched on the blinkers will not work. When I was replacing the multifunction switch (before I actual replaced the part) the flashers worked briefly. What do I need to check next? There does not seem to be any wires melted around the steering wheel.

Now replace the most likely culprit, the electronic flasher assembly. It's plugged in on the left side of the dash.

By "blinkers", do you mean turn signals or 4-way hazard flasher?