SLAVE CYLINDER

2000 Dodge Dakota

daboocru02

2000 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 127000 miles

2000 dodge dakota V6 5spd
i have lost clutch pedal pressure and have a leak coming from the slave cylinder. I am looking for advise on how to replace it and if I need to bleed it when I am done. If bleeding is necessary where is the bleeder valve.

Jack42

January, 11, 2008 AT 7:43 AM

My software has no instructions for replacement or bleeding. From the pics I do have it looks as though it just bolts to the outside of the bellhousing. Should have a bleeder on top of it.

daboocru02

I purchased the part and fixed it today. I was informed some may come with a bleeder and some may not. Mine did not. The instructions included said to compress the push rod and take the strap off through the bolt holes. Then let the push rod extend slowly all the way and fill the slave cylinder with fluid until all air is gone. Be careful to keep the slave cylinder tilted up to retain all fluid. Install the hose and roll pin and then compress the pushrod and reinstall the straps and it is ready to install on the vehicle. It does not matter if all of the fluid drains out of the resorvoir because when you compress the push rod it forces all the air and fluid back into the resorvoir and no bleeding is required. Install in vehicle with the original bolts and done. Everything works great now. Thanks for all of the help

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions