Will not start

RAFIKL
  • 2003 DODGE CARAVAN
I have 2003 Dodge Caravan with 80000 miles.I recently changed the starter, new battery and changed new spark plugs but the other day it completely went dead, nothing happens when I turn on the iginition, completely dead.
Could it be the PCM I heard about.
Can someone please shed some light on this urgently?
Friday, December 25th, 2009 AT 11:07 AM

Hi,

It sounds like you have a loose or dirty battery cable here is a guide to help you see what I am talking about and how to fix it

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/everything-goes-dead-when-engine-is-cranked

Please run down this guide and report back

Cheers
Friday, December 25th, 2009 AT 11:32 AM
RAFIKL
No nothing lights up or flashes. Yesterday at first my radio and the heating fan would stay on when I installed a new battery even after I took out the key from the ignition but this morning nothing at all.
Friday, December 25th, 2009 AT 4:25 PM
If zero dash lites, when you turn on the key, no crank and your sure the battery has a full charge and the connections are good, check fuse 23-- 10 amp in the integrated power module, under the hood, use a test lite on the fuse circuit, should be hot all the time.
Saturday, December 26th, 2009 AT 10:30 AM
RAFIKL
I'm not sure how to check the fuse but I know that when the battery gets a boost it starts up but after a short while the battery gets all dranied out and it doesn't start up again, something is draining out the
battery in the vehicle
Sunday, December 27th, 2009 AT 5:20 PM
Use a digital multimeter, leads across the battery posts, everything turned off, A fully charged battery is around 12.6 volts. Start the vehicle, take the reading again, is should be around a volt higher, if it is, the charging system is working.

Check the vehicle in the dark, interior--glove box-- under the hood-- in the trunk, for any lite that may stay on all the time and cause battery drain. You can check amp draw for the battery, if drain is excessive, you can pull fuses one at a time till drain goes away or returns to normal. The last fuse that you pulled, that corrected the problem, is the problem circuit.
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 10:07 AM
RAFIKL
Took it to my dealer the other day and he installed a new relay in the IPM box but the car only lasted about 24 hours before it went kaput again on the highway. First the oil light on the dashboard lit and then the engine just went dead.I waited about 15-20 minutes and it started again but went dead again about 2 kms down the road.I checked the oil and it was not lacking any, I also heard a clicking sound coming from the IPM box for a short while when I opened the hood. After that it would crank but would not start, towed it back to my dealer again and they replaced a positive battery cable and now the car works great.
Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 4:35 PM
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help

Cheers, Ken
Friday, January 1st, 2010 AT 9:45 AM