Blinking lights is because A/C failed cool down test
check AC system make sure fully charged
1. During this test, the system will monitor evaporator temperature sensor. The A/C system must be able to bring evaporator temperature down to a predetermined minimum level in less than 2 minutes.
2. To enter cool-down test, set parking brake. Ensure evaporator is at room temperature. Start and warm engine to normal operating temperature. With engine idling, turn blower switch to high. Turn mode switch to panel. Open all A/C outlets. Move temperature lever to full cold.
3. Press and hold rear wash and A/C buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds (until all LEDs illuminate). All LEDs should illuminate for 5 seconds. A/C and recirculation button LEDs will alternately flash during cool-down test. If A/C and recirculation button LEDs are flashing simultaneously, cool-down test has failed.
4. After approximately 60 seconds, if only rear wiper button LED is flashing, calibration is successful and system is okay. If rear wiper and intermittent rear wiper button LEDs are flashing, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) are present,
5. To exit cool-down test at any time, press rear window defogger button, rear wiper button, recirculation button, or cycle ignition off and then on. Test will automatically terminate 15 minutes after cool-down test is entered.
Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 10:41 PM