1996 Dodge Caravan NO HEAT

WISCMRE
  • 1996 DODGE CARAVAN
WHy can't I get heat? I have changed the thermostat and had the heater core flushed. Still nothing but cold air. Pleanty of antifreez also.
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 8:29 AM

CH112063
Hello, I'm not sure why it only blows cold air. The blower motor is blowing fine in all speeds, right? Did the heater work ok? And all of a sudden quit? Do you have front and rear heat/ac or just front? And do the control for temp. Feel ok? See if you can feel the heater hoses going into the interior from inside the engine compartment for heat? Ok, you have a 3.3L there may be a problem with the door actuator if heat is available at both hoses. Is it a 3.0L?
+1
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 7:48 PM
WISCMRE
WHY
I've done everything! Thermostate, flushed the heater core, NOW WHAT?

Updated 1/13/10

I have hot hoses, but still no heat.
-1
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 8:41 PM
CH112063
The hoses come out of the engine, if they have no heat, the interior won't either. If the thermostat was replaced for a no heat condition its best to make sure these hoses are getting hot, the water pump may not be circulating any hot coolant. Bring it back. The core inside, the control door, there's more to the climate control, it may be this, ok? With 180,000 it may be the engine letting air enter the system also, after replacing the thermostat, testing for heat is the first step, checking the heater hoses and controls is next.
-1
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 9:03 PM
SIRBOOTZ
On the fire wall behind the alternator is a wire plugged into a resistor($40.00), Disconnect it, pulls right out. And new one slides right in, if you catch it in time you wont burn out your blower motor.
*****Make sure to disconnect battery terminal first.
-1
Saturday, December 1st, 2012 AT 4:47 PM