COOLANT LEAK

1995 Dodge Caravan

adamvan

April, 18, 2008 AT 3:36 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I AM HAVING COOLANT LEAK FROM THE DRIVER SIDE RIGHT ABOVE THE TRANS TO THE ENGINE LOOKS LIKE A METEL HOSE COMING OFF THE BLOCK TO THE HEATER CORE AND DOWN TO THE RADIATOR. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I WOULD NEED TO REPLACE THAT IS ON THE DRIVER SIDE OF THE CAR THAT WOULD BEABLE TO LEAK

94 Dodge

April, 18, 2008 AT 4:04 PM

(I had the same problem)

Here is what I recommend you do.
Going to a mechanic it'll cost you a good penny only because that part is offered only through dealerships.
I went to a junk yard found one without any rust what so ever paid $3.50 for it instead of the dealership chargin me $45 + $40 for labour.
(That piece ran from the intake manifold. It was about 4" long and was attached to a rubber hose correct?)
All you need to do is remove the air intake tube which only makes the job more convenient and then simply using a 10mm wrench (i used the rachet) remove the two screws (ENGINE MUST BE OFF AND NOT HOT), disengage the clamp attached to the rubber hose and simply do the reverse when installing it back in you might need a gasket that attaches to the intake manifold (rubber piece that helps align the metal to metal connection) but if this is an emergancy then have no fear simply attach it TIGHT and run the engine to make sure nothing is LEAKING.

Sorry for the lengthy description and GOOD luck let me know if you have any problem im not a mechanic but doing it yourself is not HARD (im 21 yrs old and im running a 94 caravan believe me i've seen it all with these CARAVANs)

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet