Dash gauges are all out and no power windows and no blower for air or heat and radio face lights out

GKO926
  • 2001 BUICK REGAL
  • 185 MILES
Dash gauges are all out and no power windows and no blower for air and heater and its as something shot or blew but the two places that I checked the fuses are not blown. What else might I do to see if the problem can be fixed without going into the shop?
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 8:42 AM

Will the vehicle start and run? Did you check for voltage at the applicable fuses? Even if the fuse is good, if no voltage on the fuse circuit, the circuit is still dead. I haven't looked at your wiring yet, if those circuits you listed, get feed from the ignition switch, I'd have to check voltage to and from the ignition switch.

For a start, I'd pick one problem circuit and check voltage and ground. Fixing one circuit may or may not fix the others.
+1
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 9:19 AM
GKO926
Yes car starts and runs and air-conditioner is is on and turning under hood its just no blower and tail lights and all other things are working and dash lights work with light switch turned on but the gages are not working to show gas and rpms and speed and then there is no power to the windows to allow them up and down and then the radio doesn't work and the face light is out. My wife was coming home and they all blinked and went out and not has worked since. I am a police officer by trade for 20 years and really am dumb founded to the car fixings if you would be so kind to tell me how and what to look for and at I would be grateful. Thanks Gary
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 9:35 AM
Check the power window circuit breaker for voltage, key on. That circuit breaker is in fuse box, under right side of dash. Use a testlite to check for voltage. Test the terminals with the key on. If no voltage, you'll have to check out the ignition switch.
-1
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 11:25 AM
GKO926
So then if not power to the circuit breaker what would be causing that? The ignition seems to start almost in the acc. Position now is that a sign of something wrong? I am wondering if a ground or a short or what it could be causing this issue. This doesn't make any sense really cause my power door locks are working to lock and unlock are they not on the same power source?
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 11:50 AM
GKO926
Body Control Module or ground that controls that computer how do I check this?
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 12:41 PM
GKO926
The ignition switch is starting the car as soon as I turn it toward the start position without turning it completely forward and when I turn it backwards in acc. Position the radio works with lighted up face and plays as always. While car is running with ignition switch on if you turn it like starting the car again it does nothing. I thought most auto's would grind as the starter tried again. Could my problem be the ignition switch causing all this or what do you think as a expert JDL?

I know that all the gages do work and come on when the switch is turned to the on position is that not correct?
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 2:10 PM
Yes, it could be the ignition switch, if no ignition feed to circuits. I'd have to check circuits to and from ignition switch.
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 2:20 PM
GKO926
Would you just have to replace ignition switch then or how would you fix it and would that require a new key and all or what?
Sunday, August 18th, 2013 AT 2:25 PM
I can't be positive about the ignition switch. If all fuses and electrical circuits are ok, I'd replace the ignition switch.
Monday, August 19th, 2013 AT 6:17 AM
TRACYKAT
Hi--I am having almost IDENTICAL problem with my newly acquired, but older, 2002 Buick Regal, and wondering if you were able to find the problem with your car and fix it. I am a newly single mom on a tighter income and to even have a local garage look at it is $88, which doesn't go towards the repair of the car? If it is something simple like a fuse, I could probably do that on my own. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 AT 11:10 AM
KEN

There is a 60 amp fuse 7 Batt1 that sounds like it is blown. Here is a a guide and some diagrams (below) that will help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please let us know what happens, we are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, June 16th, 2017 AT 12:33 PM