Cylinder six misfire

JAMES HOWARD2
  • 2003 NISSAN FRONTIER
Changed the knock sensor in this vehicle. New gaskets, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Put it back together. Checked for codes after first restart, all was good the computer had reset itself. Now after idling for about five minutes or so I can hear some type of knocking. Not sure if its coming from the supercharger or the valve train. However, the check engine light on the dash started flashing and when plugged into the OBD2 reader its giving me a code for cylinder 6 misfire. I pulled the plug and checked it had an extra wire so I changed it and same issue. Any ideas as to what I am possibly dealing with at this point?
Sunday, January 19th, 2020 AT 7:25 AM

SCGRANTURISMO

When the Malfunction Indicator Lamp[MIL], or "check engine" lamp is illuminated and flashing this indicates a type A misfire, which is defined as a catalyst damaging event, and needs to dealt with immediately. First I would verify that you are getting spark to that cylinder. Here is a link below to a guide explaining how to check for spark:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-ignition-system

Please get back to us with what you find out and we can go from there. Please do not drive this vehicle until this is taken care of. You risk possible catastrophic engine failure, if your engine hasn't already had an event like this with #6 cylinder.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Sunday, January 19th, 2020 AT 11:48 AM

Sponsored links