Cooling fan fuse box location

IDALIS
  • 2003 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT
My cooling fan is not working and cannot locate the fuse for it. Can anyone tell me where to find the cooling fan fuse box? 2.8 L v6.
Monday, February 13th, 2017 AT 10:00 AM

There are two fuses under the left side of the dash. Fuse number 42 is a 40-amp fuse, and fuse number 51 is a 5-amp. Both circuits feed an electronic fan control module that is mounted on the left front frame rail, near the vacuum reservoir.
+1
Monday, February 13th, 2017 AT 1:09 PM
IDALIS
Is this under the hood and I can't locate the box at all and I need detail by detail a little bad at this
Monday, February 13th, 2017 AT 2:33 PM
My source shows almost every part, ... Except the fuse box and fan control module. They only list a description in the component locator guide. The module is listed as, "on the left front frame rail, near the vacuum reservoir". The fuse box, and all three relay panels, are listed as "under left side of dash". I added a nifty red arrow to the third drawing where it sounds like the control module is buried. From looking at the diagram, it appears the module has one two-wire connector, another six-wire connector that has only four wires in it, and two more wires that appear to be hard-wired and not in a connector.

Check the radiator fan to see if it spins freely by hand, or if it's tight. When you fling it with your fingers, it should coast to a stop after a few revolutions. If it doesn't, it has tight bearings. That will cause it to blow the 40-amp fuse. When the insane engineers feel the need to add an unnecessary computer module to the circuit, that can also be damaged by a tight motor, so be sure to replace the motor, if it is tight, before replacing other parts, otherwise those new parts can be damaged again.
+4
Monday, February 13th, 2017 AT 3:37 PM