I think a raccoon would have done a much better work! =D
Answers to your first reply:
1. Yes, these are from heater. I was not able to capture too much from other side of firewall. Second picture shows hoses from the aftermarket A/C (I m attaching also picture of the A/C console).
2. Wires do not touch. They are soldered (picture 3). I do have twisted wires on wire that goes to solenoid located on the left side of the carburetor (picture attached). Not sure what this is for. The next picture is showing connector that the wire for crank has. You can also see on this same picture slightly to the left an open wire which I indicated on my initial "wire diagram" (right next to the choke - green-).
3. The next picture shows the PCV hole. I m also attaching two pictures showing open outlets (or inlets?) From rear and front of carburetor. Hope the last picture also shows a hose that goes from brake booster. Not sure of its purpose.
For your second reply, here are my answers:
1. It goes to the "I" terminal in the starter relay.
2. I ll review your diagram. Thanks for sharing
3. Ignition switch is the same as yours mounted in the steering column. Did validate positions matches key position (e.G. Accessories, ON, etc.). Removed it to ensure this and put it back all the way to the accessory position. Once I place key on accessory voltmeter of dash indicates 12V. I ll double check the voltage on the ignition itself when key is "ON".
I ll trace the ignition once it gets to the fuse box and will get back to you as soon as I m done (hopefuly before day ends).
Sincerely appreciate all our help!
PS1: Jumper was removed.
PS2: I m seriously thinking in removing OE s harness and replace it with Painless 10110 kit. Yesterday I compared this kit with the harnesses in place and I think there is minimum differences (e.G. Indicator for wipers in kit has only two wires and also switch harness is different). This was a gift from PO. But hey, CJ used to run fine. Want to make it run before I start this adventure.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, March 29th, 2020 AT 10:04 AM