2005 Chrysler Sebring brake pedal cold line

WISE_OWL
  • 2005 CHRYSLER SEBRING
When hooking up my trailer brake controller I need to find the cold side to hook into. It is suppose to be cold until the brake pedal is depressed. When I put the tester in the connection. ALL had a current going through them. How do I figure out which one I need?
Jim

i
Sunday, July 12th, 2009 AT 8:44 AM

When you say cold, are you refering to a ground? If so, run a ground to the frame and then to the plug in. That will take care of your problem.

Let me know if this helps.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 1:21 PM
WISE_OWL
The cold line I was looking for is the wire that is cold until the brake pedal is depressed then it is hot. This is the line the brake controller taps into to send the signal to the electric brakes. I could not find it by using the tester but I followed the wires back from the brake lights to the pedal and tapped into that. It seems to be working just fine.
Jim
Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 6:15 PM
Sorry about that. I wasn't sure what you were refering to. Regardless, I'm glad you got it fixed. Let us know if you have questions in the future, and thanks for using 2carpros. Com

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 9:52 PM

Sponsored links