2002 Chrysler Sebring Car goes dead

FJOSEPH
  • 2002 CHRYSLER SEBRING
My car goes dead when I attempt to crank it. The lights and everything came on briefly, and immediatel went dead after the 2nd attempt to crank. No noise. Just dead. It seems to be the battery. However when getting a jump start, it still did not crank. It was towed to a service center who called me and told me that it was a fuel pump problem and relay. This was supposedly repaired by them 1 week and 3 days ago. Last night the car stalled again. Same problem, no sound, dead. I have again had it towed to them and I am angry with the service dept for this place, but I need them to undo what they did or fix the problem. What could be causing this problem? There is a passtime/antitheft device on the car. Which also does not kick in. Totally dead car. Is this device that they put on the car possibly fautly? Give me your thoughts.
Thursday, November 13th, 2008 AT 11:24 AM

JAMES W.
My first thought is; A faulty fuel pump will not keep the car from cranking. It won't start, but it will still crank. From what you have written, it sounds like a weak battery. I would have it fully charged and then load tested. Also, i'm not sure what kind of anti-theft system you have. Different systems lock out different things on a vehicle. One final thought, check your battery connections to make sure they are clean.
Thursday, November 13th, 2008 AT 11:42 AM