2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser oil light

SERVANTGUARD@ATT.NET
  • 2004 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
I just had my oil changed & the oil light came on an hour later & stayed on. Is there a reset to this?
Friday, January 22nd, 2010 AT 3:36 PM

Try performing below

The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) displays a PERFORM SERVICE message when distance to service interval has been reached, indicating that regular service and maintenance is due. After performing necessary services, reset service distance by selecting a distance to service interval.
To program EVIC, turn ignition switch to ON position. Depress and release MENU push button until SERVICE INTV. = Is displayed. Press and release STEP button to step through available options. The last selected distance option displayed becomes the service interval at which the PERFORM SERVICE message will be displayed.
If a new distance interval is selected, RESET SERVICE DISTANCE? With a yes or no option. When YES is selected, the accumulated distance since the last previous PERFORM SERVICE message will be reset to zero because the service interval has been changed. When NO is selected, the distance until the next PERFORM SERVICE message is reduced by the accumulated distance since the last pervious message.
EVIC exits programming mode and returns to its normal operation mode when the C/T button is depressed or when the end of the programmable feature menu list is reached, whichever occurs first
Friday, January 22nd, 2010 AT 4:07 PM