2004 Chrysler Concorde No hot air & No cold air

BSCHRAMM
  • 2004 CHRYSLER CONCORDE
My 2004 Concorde has warm air in the winter, but not hot air blowing. Also, the AC air is cool but not cold. I had the AC checked for coolent levels and it was full. I have heard that it may be a air blending door that is bad? Is there any other solutions? Saw something about a M1 fuse to fix this problem. Where is that fuse and what is the procedure to reset the system be removing the M1 fuse? Thanks.
Thursday, May 27th, 2010 AT 8:21 AM

KHLOW2008
  • MECHANIC
Hi bschramm,

Thank you for the donation.

Is your system Manual or Auto HAVC ?

Have you tried to retrieve for trouble codes?

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - ERRATIC OPERATION OF HVAC SYSTEM
Erratic operation of the A/C and heater systems including:
" Lack of cold air
" Lack of hot air
" Unrequested mode change (ATC only)
" No control of mode or temperature control or tapping blend door noise

These symptoms may be accompanied by the following Diagnostic Fault Codes (DTC's):

" Blend door feedback
" Blend door stall
" A/C Control Mode door input shorted to battery
" In-car temp sensor failure
" ATC messages not received
" Mode door stall

Check for the presence of DTC's with the DRB III(R). If the symptoms and or DTC's listed above are present, perform the following Repair Procedure:

With the vehicle at room temperature 10 to 27 ° C(50 to 80 ° F), pull the M-1 fuse for five minutes to erase any DTC's. Replace the fuse and start the vehicle to recalibrate the HVAC system. Operate the vehicle and A/C heater system to verify that symptoms and or DTC's are gone. If tapping noise or blend stall/feedback DTC's re-occur, additional diagnosis will be required.

The M-1 fuse is Fuse # 19 (15 A) in underdash fusebox. It is the one circled in Red.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FuseBlock04ConcordeFig02_1.jpg

+2
Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 AT 12:33 PM

Sponsored links