2006 Chrysler 300 Car shuts off

• 2006 CHRYSLER 300

2006 Chrysler 300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 57000 miles

I had asked this question before and donated (User ID 394016) and you answered however, I was never able to respond at the time. Problem was car shuts off while running - can happen waiting for a light or just driving on road. You had asked if I had the computer checked for trouble codes and it was and there weren't any trouble codes. What do you think?

Saturday, September 12th, 2009 AT 5:56 PM

Hi.I had the same problem. Car would drive jerky, would hesitate at low speeds and eventually shut off for no reason and without any error code stored while stopping or trying a slow turn, vehicle would also have significant increase in fuel consumption. Stealer made me pay for software update, replace ignition switch, throttle service etc.

Expect the following to happen soon: car eventually shuts off again but pretty soon you'll see finally an error code P0406 (EGR Valve high output ) and your check engline light will come on ( it will turn-off again after 4x starting car, but error code will still be stored) in simple words: your EGR Valve soon says bye-bye. But: for as long as EGR valve doesn't go completely, it won't store an error code. And there's a TSB by Chrysler about it. Pretty simple and relatively cheap item to fix.I went back to my stealer and told them, after all I paid for, they either replace the valve at their expense or refund me all the wasted money which didn't fix the problem. So if you got the same problem, it's most likely not an electric issue, it's almost guaranteed your EGR valve.

But: if the car shuts-off completely ( that includes dashboard, radio etc. Then it's going to be your ignition switch relay. Also a known defect hidden by Chrysler in a TSB.

In regards to sunroof: again Chrysler doesn't admit their mistake, but the 300 is known for failing sunroof and rear windows. Again: this is not an electrical issue or a faulty switch. It's a software glitch which has not been addressed by Chrysler and hard to fix

Monday, September 14th, 2009 AT 8:30 PM