1997 Chevy Van Chevy Van no start condition.

TWO66MHZ
  • 1997 CHEVROLET VAN
1997 Chevy Van V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic? Miles

I have a Chevy 2500 Van with a 5.7L engine that cranks but not start. I confirmed spark and compression. I found no power to the fuel pump and had no pressure (obviously), I measured the voltage at the fuel pump relay found 12v on pin 87 (Org/B1), I have 0v on pin 86 (Green/White wire) the Fuel Pump Relay Feed from the VCM. I have good grounds at the relay. I tried jumping 12v battery power to 87a (GRY/A3) wasn't able to confirm fuel flow from the pump (I couldn't hear it pumping). I did test the relay and all checked out. Any ideas I still have to look at the oil pressure sender. Until tonight when I have the proper tools to get to it.
Any ideas?
Monday, November 2nd, 2009 AT 4:50 PM

Power the fuel pump connector gray wire from the battery, did the fuel pump come on?
Monday, November 2nd, 2009 AT 5:32 PM
TWO66MHZ
I could not confirm the pump at that time. I tried to start the vehicle and it wouldn't. Going to be back at the vehicle later tonight to take the doghouse off. I figure I should've been able to hear the pump. I will repost tonight once I know for sure that the pump wasn't turning on.
Monday, November 2nd, 2009 AT 6:04 PM
TWO66MHZ
Okay, so I made a connection to the fuel pump with a 10 amp jumper wire I made, I confirmed that the voltage is getting to the pump. I had the fuel filter lines disconnected when I energized the circuit and to no avail I had no fuel flow. I confirmed the ground which had 3-4 ohms of resistance. Also confirmed the 2 sec feed from the ECM/VCM. So I'm thinking I should possibly be replacing the pump. But I would like a second opinion, there is still something in the back of my head thinking that the oil pressure sender could be causing this. But after jumper n the fuel pump and not getting anything, ARGG. I would just like to be sure in my head. I'm thinking too much.
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 AT 3:34 PM
You got battery voltage and a good ground it should fire up w/o the oil pressure switch when direct battery voltage being applied
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 AT 9:18 AM
TWO66MHZ
That is what I thought or at least puymp fuel all over the ground which it didn't do that either. I guess I just didn't wish the pump to be bad @ $528+tax. Thanks for helping.
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 AT 9:55 AM